These soft, chewy cookies are also super hearty making them a perfect quick grab and go snack, treat, or breakfast! They are free of all priority allergens making them great for anyone on a restrictive diet avoiding eggs, dairy, gluten, or sugar typically found in cookies. This also makes them a perfect addition to kids lunch boxes at school as they are nut free (coconut is not actually a nut). These suckers are low in sugar yet high in protein, and fiber. PLUS mashed bananas take the place of unnecessary fats and oil drastically cutting the calories from fat. Wouldn't that make them dry? Absolutely not! The mashed bananas keep them perfectly moist and chewy while holding everything together.
· 2 cups rolled oats (quick cooking)
· 1 cup shredded coconut
· 1 cup brown rice flour (or almond flour)
· 1/3 cup ground chia
· ½ tsp sea salt
· ½ cup pumpkin seeds
· ½ cup raisins
· 4 ripe mashed bananas
· 1 tsp vanilla
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· ½ cup coconut milk (or other milk)
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Prepare a large cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, brown rice flour, salt, pumpkin seeds, and raisins. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together mashed banana, maple, vanilla, and milk.
4. Pour the mixed liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine well.
5. Spoon out the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until starting to turn golden. Let cool and enjoy.